Thursday, April 28, 2005

I once thought I had mono for an entire year, it turned out I was just really bored.

what has happened to me? i can no longer sleep at night. i just lay there, thoughts of every. random. thing float through my head. it takes hours after i turn off the lights for me to finally fall asleep only to be waken again between three and four a.m. for yet another hour of random thoughts. i eventually fall back asleep, but am tired, sleepy, and low engergized for the day ahead. this vicious cycle started five days ago and i don't know how much more i can take of it. the first night that i woke up at three thirteen and jumped straight up in bed. "what the heck?" was my inital reaction. "why the hell did i just jerk awake, full of energy at flippin' 3:13 in the morning?" i lay there for an hour or so with random thoughts racing through my head (mulitple times yelling at my body, "fall asleep will, ya!"). random thoughts that never end. sort of like when someone you don't really know (or don't know at all for that matter) keeps talking and talking to you on the "l", then they start flapping their hands saying, "i want my chicken legs (heavy on the g)! give me my chicken legs back!" and you just don't know what to do to make it stop. yeah, kinda like that.

Overtired
Celebration is my attitude for the day
*explicit* and *explicit*
Do you like it when I talk that way?

Passing time
Understanding a prisoner of faith
Broken ties
so demanding
Get up early
don’t be late

I’m faking it again

It’s all in your head
Don’t act like there’s no consequence
No time to pretend
Get through the bend
Inspired by your circumstance

Mesmerized
Monday morning
No answers, no complaints
Sanitize dirty laundry
Uncertain of mistakes
I’m faking it again

Get through the bend
Inspire by your circumstance
Because everything
Everything
Goes away

3 comments:

Katie B said...

The title of this post cracks me up. Every time I check your blog and see the title, I just have to laugh.

Riane or Allison or Priscilla said...

That's right, Wayne's World OWNS.

Nathan said...

Speaking of falling asleep in class, I jolted myself awake in Engineering Ethics last week. I don't know if anyone really noticed, but it was pretty violent from my perspective.