Tuesday, April 26, 2005

crap. crap. crap. crap. crap!

while thinking about the upcoming week i remembered, this saturday i have to go to uic and take placement test. ugh. i haven't done math in ages and when i went home i couldn't find my trusty "kent" math binder that i had all throughout high school from freshman algrebra up to senior calculus. it had all the notes i would need to refresh my memory a bit. now i have to actually look, read, and learn from a math book. notes are so much easier to understand and help me remember. then there is the english part. crap. last year when i took the placement test it was during spring break right after i had taken dr. lebins 300 question liturary terms mid-term. i knew the stuff and the tricks. but now...now i'm screwed. oh and the writing part. i mean come on, i haven't done anything close to real writing since my term paper LAST! year. how i miss the days, after a term in mr. cranstons honors history class, when it was easy to whip up a five page essay that was actually decent. those days are long gone.

crap. crap. crap. crap. crap!

there is also a spanish test. you'd think i'd be fine after taking four (as in four!) years of spanish. yeah, right. oh man, i don't even do well on test to begin with. uic is going to look at these test scores and go cha-ching! we gotta place (and charge) this girl in math and english classes she won't even get credit for. which means she'll have to take extra classes and stay longer (meaning she'll have to pay us more). excellent. whoever choose to let her in twice, give them a raise!

4 comments:

Heather said...

In cooler news, I think we saw your Panera last night! Were you there working around 9pm? We looked in the window while sitting at the stoplight, but didn't see you at all.

And, I might be Evanston again some time this week, so I'll call if I'm around and able to stop by and say hi!

PS: Tests suck. That's all there is to it. Best of luck in getting through yours! I'm sure you'll do just fine.

anya said...

i forgot to put... let's hope i'll be taking the placement tests on saturday. i called two weeks ago and they told me that's the date they signed me up for. they still haven't sent me the papers they were suppose to send two weeks ago.

heather- if it was down town evanston on the corner then yes, you saw my panera. but thank goodness i wasn't there, because if i were you would have seen me crying. if you had seen me at nine at night yesterday still there that would have meant i worked 12 hours straight.

p.s. they actually wanted me to
close last night, but weren't about to ask me considering i closed the night before AND then had to come back at nine the next day.

p.s.s. what's the deal with being in evanston and not calling? huh, hello! we live in evanston.

Heather said...

I did call! I called Suzanne's number and left a message. I didn't call your number because Sara said that I have the wrong number somehow (though it's the number that came up on my caller ID when you called from the train station, so I don't know what's up with that...).

Anyway... email me your cell number so that I can call you directly the next time I'm up there!!!!!

And, yes it was the Panera on the corner, so it was your Panera. Though we didn't see it until after we had eaten at nasty, nasty Burger King. (blech!)

And I also saw the Starbucks just down the street... I'm gonna take a wild guess that that's the one you applied to!?!?!

anya said...

wrong. the one i applied to was closer to the apartment. there are like five starbucks in evanston.