Monday, April 04, 2005

Do you has?

Four months ago at a youth gathering a girl comes up to me and says, "Do I know you? You look so familiar." I ask, "Have you ever been to Illinois?" She says, "No. (pauses) But you look so familiar."

Last week at a gift shop for a mansion the sale lady says to me, "You look familiar, do you live around here?" I tell her the truth; no. "Oh, I thought you looked like one of the students from a class I used to teach or something."

While filling out tax forms my soon to be manager says to me, "You know, you look like the other cashier we have."

Walking past a car dealership a man in a new car pulls up to me and waves me over. Thinking he's asking for directions I lean towards his car and say, "Yes?" The man looks at me a bit confused and then says, "I'm back!" while holding up a piece of paper. I smile and politely inform him, "Sorry, I don't work here."

Now, as I'm sitting here, I ponder, "Do I has a universal face?"

No comments: