Tuesday, January 11, 2005

it's my birthday! bite me.

i haven't been one to post much and i'm sorry to all those who check this daily, but i'm kind of in a funk right now and i don't feel much like writing. but my birthday was on saturday and i DYED MY HAIR BRILLIANT BORDEAUX!

okay, i lie. i didn't dye my hair, i talked to liza for 45 minutes about how much alias sucks this year (which could have gone on forever but i was called to lunch), went canoeing and ate pork chops for dinner. i wish there wasn't so much meat here. i wish that i could post pictures. but back to my point; i went canoeing.

we went right after we got out the studio around 4:45, so it was right around sun set. but it was an ugly day and the sky was all grey with no sun, so i didn't bring my new best friend with me (my digital camera i got for my birthday, how i love the thing). before we went canoeing we had to carry the large canoe out to the lake. unfortunately for me, red ants decided to make the canoe their winter home. yes, on my birthday i had ants in my pants... and in my shirt and up my arm and on my feet and everywhere else they thought it would be fun to bite me. once i was able to control my yelping i climbed into the canoe to enjoy the ride and the sun set. as i watched the sky turn bright orange-pink, i learned something new about south carolina. EVEN IN JANUARY MOSQUITOES EXIST! i was then attacked by every surviving mosquito alive. and they bit so hard that i now have scars. mosquitoes scarred me on my birthday. but this is not where the canoeing story starts. this canoeing story starts when the canoeing was about to end. please excuse all the following caps.

as taraz (the other person serving here, who by the way managed not to get bitten by red ants or mosquitoes) stepped off the canoe he ended up pushing out the canoe. with me still in it. this wasn't a big deal except for the fact that HE WAS STILL HOLDING THE ONE AND ONLY PADDLE AS I GRACEFULLY DRIFTED AWAY FROM THE SHORE! but that, that was not a big deal until when he went to throw the paddle to me HE MISSED! this, my dear friends, is when i panicked. my arms became my paddles as i desperately tried to reach the shore. well, as it turns out, my arms didn't get me far but they did create enough waves so that the paddle got shore. this is when he attempted, yes attempted, to throw the paddle to me again and FAILED. again. "TARAZ!!" i screamed in pure disappointment and disbelief. this is when the images of me just floating away into the middle of the lake (on my birthday mind you) and being stuck there until who knows when flashed into my head. there was only one thing left to do before i drifted too far out.

"jump. in. and get the paddle."


------

And my little pink heart
Is on its little brown raft
Floating out to sea


No comments: