Sunday, January 02, 2005

always the bridesmaid, never the butcher

a year ago today (minus or plus a couple of days) someone other than me called my sister katie smackdab.

that was the first sign.

then whenever katie came over she was going on the computer (checking mail) more than me, which was a lot at that time. i mean it was an obsession i thankfully grew out of...maybe.

anyways, that was the red flag.

yesterday that someone (nathan) married my sister. smackdab is married.

let me say it again.

smack.dab. is. mar.ried.

do you know what that means?

smackdab. is. married.

let's take a moment. (for the obvious reasons and for the fact that my bladder is about to explode, but don't think about that last part...it's kinda personal)





that was a good moment wasn't it? i think so. and i have to say that i'm excited to have and to get to know a new, fully deserving of my sister brother in-law. (way to be nathan, way to be.)

-----

these past three weeks have flown by. it was so nice to be home and i just want to stay. can you be too in love with your family? if so, i think i am. there is a quote in the writings were it talks about how you can spend every second thanking God and it still wouldn't be enough for all He does for/gives us. Which makes absolute perfect sense, especially when i think about how thankful i am for my family and my friends.

-----

for all those who read and haven't seen me these past weeks (i don't think there are such people) i chopped off my hair. i mean not me but the very nice hairdresser at Ulta 3 did. it's gone, gone, gone. i'm talking chin length, bangs and all. all gone. i look four years older. i don't know if that is a good thing, because i started off looking five years older before my haircut. which would mean i now look nine years older than i am. is that a good thing? well, not for sara. at the wedding (aww katie and nathan are married! they got a marriage license!) someone, while sara was standing next to me, asked me, "so are you the oldest mitchell sister?" Nope, I'm the youngest.

now that i look like i'm nine years older and my sister just got married i've have been added as an possible answer to the, "soooo...who's next?" question. okay people, let's think about this particular question and all questions like it that are related to it. really, what is the point of these types of questions? trying to ruin the fun of celebrating others happiness? cause depression? make you feel that if you don't get married you can never ever be happy? AS THOUGH GIRLS DON'T ALREADY DREAM ABOUT THEIR WEDDING DAY OR THEY DON'T WORRY ABOUT BEING ALONE FOREVER ENOUGH ON THEIR OWN. (oh and let it be known that i seriously want to be purposed with, "let's get mawried. let's get a mawriage license." you think i'm joking. i. am. not.) oh and let us make it clear that those questions didn't bother me this time because one, i'm like 18 and two, the surprise of being asked such questions distracted any thinking of what does that question mean? but i can imagine how those questions could be annoying in the future or that how they are already annoying some people. besides, what am i suppose to say to those questions?


already married guest at wedding: when are you getting married?

me: i'm thinking like sometime around June 5, 2009. or maybe just sometime after i start dating him.
----
already married guest at wedding: who's turn it is next?

me (waving my hand in the air): ME!!


what is the point of those questions?

umm...and if you are going to give a mom answer YOUR MISSING THE POINT!


-------

Sunday morning rain is falling
Steal some covers share some skin
Clouds are shrouding us in moments unforgettable
You twist to fit the mold that I am in
But things just get so crazy living life gets hard to do
And I would gladly hit the road get up and go if I knew
That someday it would lead me back to you
That someday it would lead me back to you

That may be all I need
In darkness she is all I see
Come and rest your bones with me
Driving slow on Sunday morning
And I never want to leave

Fingers trace your every outline
Paint a picture with my hands
Back and forth we sway like branches in a storm
Change the weather still together when it ends

That may be all I need
In darkness she is all I see
Come and rest your bones with me
Driving slow on Sunday morning
And I never want to leave

But things just get so crazy living life gets hard to do
Sunday morning rain is falling and I'm calling out to you
Singing someday it'll bring me back to you
Find a way to bring myself back home to you

And you may not know
That may be all I need
In darkness she is all I see
Come and rest your bones with me
Driving slow?

1 comment:

Heather said...

"I, Anya Christine Mitchell, promise to post again when I get back to South Carolina.

I promise."



So...?