Saturday, September 18, 2004

and if so do you use them for good or awesome?

the sun is shining and the humidity is low. the day is good. and the question remains; what does this girl do all day besides write and read blogs? that i can answer. they assigned me to radio baha'i. there i load the daily programs, screen programs, screen music, clean, and host the 4 to 6 afternoon jazz and the 12 to 6 weekend jazz. the worst part of it all is cleaning the urinal. yuckiddy yuck. the sencond to worst thing is screen the parent's journal talk show. yawn. the best part is recording my hosting spot for the afternoon jazz. yay. and the rare delight is actually liking the music that i am screen (a rare delight that has only happened 3 1/2 out of the 20 cd's i have screened so far). woo-hoo.

THE NORTH VS. THE SOUTH
MY LIST OF THE DIFFERENCES I HAVE NOTICED SO FAR

1.) in the north there is no smoking in the majority of public places. this difference is very hard to adjust to. i offically declare that i hate cigaretts.

2.) in the south there are no trash cans outside of the grocery store. i never thought about it in the north, but there are public garbage cans everywhere. not so in hemingway.

3.) in the south people wave and smile to you while they are driving past you on the "highway" even though they don't know you AND even besides the fact that they just almost ran you over.

4.) and this i will never understand. in the south they still call people yankees. example, "every true yankee i know likes their grits with tons of sugar. hahahaha yankees." i would like to say (being a true "yankee" borning and raised in the chicago area) i like my grits with salt and butter thank you.

5.) in the south they put salt on their salad. i don't get it.

yesterday was the first day i started to feel more comfortable and not so shy. it's getting better. but i still can't believe that it is still september. i feel like it should be a week before thanksgiving. i miss my momma.




And it wouldn't stifle and wouldn't demean,
sweatpants and no makeup, unkempt or unclean,
you'd still be the most beautiful thing that my eyes ever see

11 comments:

Riane or Allison or Priscilla said...

HEY! ... I KNOW THAT SONG!

anya said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
anya said...

HEY! IF YOU DIDN'T I WOULDN'T!
i haven't even been able to listen to it and i already love it.


and for 6.) everyone and everybody calls me "hon." some people like this. i for one do! not!

Anonymous said...

I find that people everywhere call me 'hon. This baby face o' mine drives me nuts. I too, am not a big fan of the "hon" phenomenon. I realize that the gesture is just that out of kindness; nonetheless, it drives me batty! Where's the "good or for awesome" quote from? Is that Strongbad??

Anonymous said...

Whoops, forgot to mention that it was me, Liza, who commented on that last one!

Anonymous said...

Can we listen to you on the internet?
Husayn

Anonymous said...

Dude, i love your car

Anonymous said...

Uh, Katie, check what out? Did I miss something??
the second

anya said...

yes that would be strongbad. i might be on the internet. (i'm not sure how the internet part of the radio works) but if its the same set up then you should hear be weekdays from 4 to 6 p.m. and katie i checked it out...it was just your profile. and who's car, what car? you people confuse me sometimes.

Katie B said...

sorry, i didn't realize it only linked to the profile.

Anonymous said...

who's car!!