Sunday, February 13, 2005

Have I become anorexic?

11:30 at Wendy’s Drive Thru Window (yes! We got out! Clarissa and Olivia from Conway picked us up and took us out!! Bless their hearts!)

Oliva (going around to everyone in the car taking orders turns to me): What do you want?

Me: Nothing. I’m not hungry. I’m still full from dinner.

Olivia: What?! Are you sure? You haven’t eaten since I picked you up and that was hours ago!

Taraz: Yeah, she’s like that.

I eat three meals a day and on occasion (like every other day) I eat my three meals plus a danish. For breakfast I have a bowl of cereal, for lunch I have a buttered beagle or half a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, and for dinner (Tuesday thru Friday) I have whatever delicious meal has been cooked up. For dinner (Saturday thru Sunday) I have either leftovers or just a buttered beagle and usually on Monday we go out for dinner. That’s normal right? Not anorexicish? To tell you the truth my body would be content if my three meals were just three lightly toasted buttered beagles. I eat what I eat each day (what I listed before) and after dinner I feel like I overstuffed my body with food from the day. Which to me makes sence because my body doesn’t need that much energy while working at the radio station. Like before I was always involved with sports and I needed snacks during the day to make it through practices, but now I'm not allowed to go running or anything so my body doesn’t need as much energy as before. But then it also seems that wherever we go people are always commenting on how little I ate or are surprised I don’t want seconds. It’s not like I’m starving myself or anything. That’s just all I’m hungry for. And it’s not like I’m losing weight, in fact I’m pretty sure I’m gaining it. I'm so confused. If someone came up to me and asked, "Anya do you feel like you are eating enough and your body is getting enough food?" I would be all, "Yeah, plenty. Why you asking weird person that just came up to me?" Do people just eat more in the south? Do people look at me and expect me to overeat because I look like I overeat? What’s the deal people? Do I need to eat more? Do I need to eat less? Do I have normal eating habits?

Have I become anorexic?

(oh and sidenote: my day was good today because i played soccer with kids down the road and next week they said they'd bring their basketball. woo-hoo, i can't wait to kick their butts! or at least i hope i will.)

2 comments:

anya said...

hahahaa, that's true.

Heather said...

Anya, you are not anorexic.

(I am going to reply to each of your recent posts with just one sentence. Except for this one, which needs this long explanation letting you know that.)