Friday, October 01, 2004

E.T. go home!

after a month of hearing my own voice i figured out my weird way of talking. my tongue is lazy. it likes to play this game with me where it relaxes and refuses to make the proper movement to allow the right sound to come out. it's like my eyes see unfamiliar words and my tongue senses the slight hesitation and decides to give up, doing every thing in its power not to allow the right sound to come out. everything in its power, that is, by relaxing and pretending as though i'm not trying to talk. and, as i have found out, my tongue really, REALLY hates u's.

i blame the concussion.

i called home yesterday to get my grandma's phone number. daniel (my brother) picked up and said that neither mom or dad weren't home. "okay then can you do me a favor and look up grandma's number in the green phone book?" is what i ask. daniel then proceeded to spit out the number like it was his own. "how do you know that?!" i exclaim (see the exclamation mark). "anya, she has had the same number forever." then he went on to tell me all about homecoming week. homecoming week was the best four weeks in high school. and obviously if you didn't/don't go to batavia then you have no idea why...or do you?

i got direct t.v. yesterday and do you know what i watched? i, my friends and loved ones, watch the presidential debate. i don't know why, but i think i was thinking, "if i was voting this year who would i vote for?" oh, and do you know what other i watched out of the 120 (yes 120! channels i now have (does louis gregory take care of you or what?)? i watched the nine o'clock news on WGN. it was like i was right back in chicago. guess what else? if, while watching t.v., i have to really really go to the bathroom or someone calls i can pause the program. but no worries i'm not about to become a t.v. junkie, i'm already sick of watching television (not to mention i can tape programs too).

i need a haircut.

i need to go watch my, now daily, taped oprah. yes! i love oprah.


1 comment:

Riane or Allison or Priscilla said...

Ah, yes. What a week it has been. We all wore togas to school on Thursday. And olive leaf branches. It rocked.

When I went to Colorado for vacation, and it sucked, I remember when WGN came on TV, and I almost cried for happiness.

I can imagine it's a little bit more for you.