Sunday, November 06, 2005

If you ever crawl inside an old hollow log and go to sleep, and while you're in there some guys come and seal up both ends and then put it on a truck

and take it to another city, boy, i don't know what to tell you.

it is fall and the crisp coldness that comes with fall is creeping into chicago. it is at this time of the year when i actually day dream about running. maybe this feeling has been programed into me after the years of last minute preparation for basketball tryouts. whatever the reason i love it. i love having the desire to go running and having to bundel up for the cold weather outside and then having it half off by the time i'm done from amount i have pushed myself. there is something about the cold weather, in it i can push myself further and faster. maybe it has to do with the fact the further and faster i go the less and less i can feel my limbs. or maybe it has to do with something else, who knows.

the crisp fall air that fills my lungs, my favorite pair of sweats, the crunching of the golden leaves under my feet and the darkness that surrounds me...all that was missing to make this the perfect run was some rain.

--------------------
Another day has almost come and gone
Can't imagine what else could wrong
Sometimes I'd like to hide away somewhere and lock the door
A single battle lost but not the war cause

Tomorrow's another day
And I'm thirsty anyway
So bring on the rain

It's almost like the hard times circle round
A couple drops and they all start coming down

Yeah, I might feel defeated,
I might hang my head
I might be barely breathing - but I'm not dead

Tomorrow's another day
And I'm thirsty anyway
So bring on the rain

I'm not gonna let it get me down
I'm not gonna cry
And I'm not gonna lose any sleep tonight


*jack handey is my hero.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rain? Why would you want to run in rain? Why why why why why? Surely not a downpour? Perhaps more like a light spring drizzle?... only in the winter?

Haumph. Confused am I.

anya said...

i like how i posted this at 9:22 pm and you posted a comment at 9:22 am. blogger must be in love with the time 9:22.