Sunday, June 26, 2005

the nerve.

why is it that it only takes a few words to completely make someone’s "all right" day into on terrible day? why do people tend to make the worse assumptions about other people? today was one crazy day at p*nea, because of the closed streets in downtown evanston for the art festival (and to top it all off it was hot). so there i was asking the customer if they wanted whipped cream on their ic mocha, only to find out 30 seconds later that we not only did not have any whipped cream made the whipped cream containers weren't even washed. i told her the situation and she said she'd wait it out. so i went running to the back to find the dirty containers to make sure they were being washed. i finally found one and gave it the dishwasher. when i went out to explain to the lady that the containers were now just being put into the wash and that it would take a while longer she got all nasty and said, "you know what, that's okay. i know what's going on here, you just don't want to make any." "miss," i protested after what she was accusing me of sunk in, "i don't lie. we don't have any clean ones. it's in the dishwasher right now." she replied with one hell of a sarcastic, "yeah, okay." i wanted to cry (yes, pathetic i know). it was an already stressful, no fun day (working in the bakery, with crazy-stressed head manager, and during the lunch rush) and after the lady accused me of lying and being lazy (which was totally ridiculous, because hello! i would have to make the whipped cream anyway even if she hadn't brought her drink) my patience for people was gone. i couldn't take any more indecisive people, who had no idea what they wanted and no idea what was on the menu and while they took their time to figure out what we had to offer the line grew out the door. at one point i just started wishing people would to go get their bagels from einstein down the street and their drinks from starbucks half a block away. i fell into a non-reversible crabby mood (trying hard to smile, but it was practically impossible to make them real). argh! and it still makes me mad and upset and hurt that that lady thought i didn't want to give her what she wanted because it meant (or so she thought...which just proves she didn't think because it was a task i would have had done anyways!) that i would have had to do more work than her pleasure was worth. deep breath people! and an outraged face with hand half way up in the "why?!?" position

well, at least i have hitchhiker’s to come home to.



(god, i love that book.)

----------------------------

I will lean into you
and you can be the wind
I will open up my mouth
and you can come rushing in
you can rush in so hard
and make it so I can't breathe
I breathe too much anyway
I can do that anyday
I just wish I knew who you were
I wish you'd make yourself known
probably you don't know I'm her
the woman you want to call home
I'll keep my ear to the wall
I'll keep my eye on the door
'cause I've heard all my own jokes
and they're just not funny anymore
I laugh too much anyway
I can do that anyday
have you ever been bent or pulled
have you ever been played like strings
if I could see you I could strum you
I could break you
make you sing
but I guess you can't really see the wind
it just comes in and fills the space
and everytime something moves
you think that you have seen its face
and I've always got my guitar to play
but I can do that anyday


oh, oh, oh! and before i forget...HAPPY BIRTHDAY, FATFACE! i hope no one accused you of being lazy and lying and made you feel like shit today, because come on TODAY is YOUR birthday! happy, happy!

12 comments:

Riane or Allison or Priscilla said...

It's okay, Anya. I'll come up and we can lay down a smackdown.

But in better news, Jill finally bought me Ohio by Over The Rhine, which is an excellent CD by an excellent band that I think you'd love. So you should hear it.

Yep, that means you have to come home.

anya said...

okay, fine. i'll come home. how about this weekend? will THAT do?

(p.s. yay! i'm coming home!! i think our roles switch when i'm in evanston, so you can call karen and inform her.

p.s.s. nice R.A.K.'s so needs to get together and have another burniating party i just found like six blank cd's waiting to get burned

p.s.s.s. Ohio by Over the Rhino should be added to your blogs somehow. ha ha ha.)

why i put the p.s.'s in ()'s is beyond me.

anya said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Riane or Allison or Priscilla said...

You're coming home?!

Hoooooray. I was just about to mention that we need a movie night.

[Will you be here Monday? We could have a 4th of July party.]

anya said...

i WILL!!

we SHOULD!

i didn't realize monday was fourth of july! (i was wondering why they gave me three days off, aww how nice of them)

Heather said...

Gah! Anya! If you really do go to Riane's for the 4th that would be hilarious. Because you're never at your house (or work) when I am.

(Your dad just invited us over for the 4th last night.)

anya said...

well heather this is awkward, because my dad never invited me over for the fourth.

Riane or Allison or Priscilla said...

Hahaha. Okay, here, I'll help alleviate the awkwardness.

Saturday: I work from 8-12AM. No problem. We'll have a movie night.

Sunday: I'll be in Chi-Town. Probably. Maybe.

Monday: Be with your family. Be with Heather. You know. Things like that. Then, me and you and Karen will go see the fireworks.

Deal?

Heather said...

Hmmm... I'm feelin' some family tension here. Maybe it's all just part of your dad's sinister plot to replace you. Of course, it should come as no surprise that it takes my whole family to replace just one Anya.

Hmmm... I think I just insulted myself, ma'am. I'll be going now.

Riane or Allison or Priscilla said...

I told Karen you'd be home, but I sure as heck hope you call me, because uno problem ... I don't know A. When you'll be home or B. How the heck to reach you!

Hmm.

anya said...

sorry. i thought i'd be home by saturday, but then liza (my sister) and brent the fatface (her husband, my brother in-law) came up on saturday. so (to save a few bucks...five to be exact) i was just going to come home with them today (sunday). hmm...if this just made you more confused than before, don't worry i'm calling you now. (or maybe not now, because it's 9:30 in the morning...but i'll call you)

and heather i'll see you


...maybe.

Heather said...

It's ironic that you put that maybe on there.

Funny how things turn out sometimes...