Saturday, June 04, 2005

since no one else in my family is posting...

today, i feel i started to master the l. you know, making it work for me. i left my apartment at 5:34 p.m. needing to reach the metra train station no later than 6:40 p.m. i got onto the purple line (5:40 p.m.), but since it is a weekend the purple line only goes to howard. so at howard i transfered to the red line, planning to get off at monroe and state. but then! i looked at the l map decorated above the door and noticed that if i transfered to the brown line the stop after wrigley i could save myself some city blocks and some time. so i got off the red line and waited to transfer to the brown line (6:11 p.m.) the brown line took me right into the loop and at washington and wells i got off (6:26 p.m.). i hurried down the stairs and crossed the street. realizing i was going the wrong way i then turned around. i started to panic, thinking i wasn't going to make it (or worse wasn't going to find the train station) so, naturally, i started running. here is where the funny picture comes in. picture me, in my soccer shorts, t-shirt, flip-flops, hat hair thrown up in a pony-tail, bookbag, mini-pink purse, and a big p*nea bag full of bagels running (but not being able to run wearing flip-flops) through chicago dashing around not exactly sure where i'm going. i found the train station at 6:34 p.m. i ran up the steps (because, what if my clock is slow!!!!), ran toward the wrong train, turned around, boarded the right train with three minutes to spare, and tried to catch my breath and cool down. today was an adventure.

home, again?

why, yess. sara may not have an active blog, but she does have a birthday tomorrow. hAPpy BirTHdaY, SArA!

4 comments:

Heather said...

hahaha - That's hilarious. You went home and we were at your "p*nea" again. Ah well, maybe one of these days we'll actually be in the same place at the same time.

anya said...

are you kidding me? what time were you there? because i was there from seven A.M. til four thirty-five P.M.

anya said...

(it was a long day, let me tell you)

Heather said...

We were there between 7:30 and 8:00pm. We were in Evanston for a short time for my mom to help someone out, so my dad dropped Katy, Anna and I off at "p*nea" to see if you were working and get some food. Then we walked a few blocks south to where my mom was. I'm not much of an urban gal, but downtown Evanston is definitely growing on me.

(PS: I called Suzanne and Husayn's cell phones to get your number, but both calls went to voicemail. Email or call me with your number!!!)