Wednesday, November 10, 2004

what is it, not be home when anya calls day or something?

Number of minutes on Anya's phone card two months ago: 416 minutes

first i call my parents. 26 minutes left on phone card

answering machine.

then i call my grandma. 25 minutes left on phone card

answering machine, i leave a message.

then i call my parents again. 24 minutes left on phone card

answering machine, i leave a message.

then i call suzanne. 23 minutes left on phone card

SHE ANSWERS!!

then i wait for katie to call. no use of phone card

suzanne calls back. "KATIE!!" i scream into the phone. "no, this is suzanne again. i called katie but i had to leave a message."

then i call liza. 2 MINUTES left on phone card

i think i get the machine when BRENT ANSWERS! he tries his best to pretend he is liza, well i wouldn't say it was his best but he tried. then my phone card decides to interupt--"YOU HAVE ONE MINUTE LEFT" i panic. ONE MINUTE I STILL HAVE TO TRY TO CALL SARA!!!

then i try to call sara. 0 minutes left on phone card

and i quote "YOU HAVE NO MORE MINUTES LEFT ON YOUR PHONE CARD."

the weather here (for this week at least) has turned cold. the thanksgivingatfreindswald cold. this naturally makes me homesick. i'm not talking about the "oh, i'm homesick. i miss everyone" homesick. i'm talking about the my eyes are puffy, red, and watery with body movement/language that screams "i'm depressed" homesick. but do you know what makes this type of homesickness better? suzanne ANSWERING her phone, waiting for katie to call, calling liza and having brent try to pretend he is her as i use up the last minute on my phone card, and trying to call sara even though my phone card has no more minutes. after my many attempts to contact my family (and actually getting to talk to one!) my spirits were lifted. i went from a the lows of lows to the highest of highs. now can you imagine if i had actually got to talk to all these people? i wouldn't have been able to sleep! you know what's really hard? to think of postive things when you are in the depressive homesick mood. it's tough, but i'm working on it as best as i can.

Number of minutes on Anya's phone card two months later: ZIP, ZERO, NONE, NO minutes

6 comments:

Katie B said...

I'm sorry you waited so long for my call that did not come! I was stuck at work until 11pm my time which I think is 12am your time, and I figured you'd be in bed by then. I got Suzanne's message and was thinking about you all night. I thought about calling you to let you know that I couldn't talk because I was at work, but I thought that might just be teasing you. When are good times to call you? I'll try calling soon, maybe tonight?

Riane or Allison or Priscilla said...

Psh, I would have answered.

But you didn't call.

[Sad face.]

anya said...

no sad face riane. i would have called. trust me. but i had no minutes left. when i get minutes i'll call. i'll even try to call with my phone card now even though it doesn't have minutes! remember i don't lie.

and katie if you mean you'll call tonight as in tonight saturday the 13th. i'll be home. call as late as you like!

Heather said...

Yo! I need an Anya update! Like pronto. lol

H ;)

Riane or Allison or Priscilla said...

What is it, not post ever day or something?

anya said...

fine! you win.