Monday, November 29, 2004

i'm...hesitant.

my biggest struggle thus far: being able to be me.

besides the fact that i miss everyone back home, i also miss just being myself. for the last two and half months i've been acting like how i would act at school if i didn't have a friend in my class. which is quite and reserved. gradually (slowly, very slowly) throughout the time i've been here i have been becoming less shy and reserved . but then last week i just got fed up with it and i completely stopped being that way. ever since then i've felt much better about things and i also felt more comfortable here.

i have been neglectful to my blog for the last month or so, i know. i'm sorry, i just didn't have anything i felt i needed to write. i finally got in touch with all my sisters and even got to talk to my whole family on thanksgiving. i also got to talk to a couple of friends. so it was the most wonderful thanksgiving i could have had here. anyways, i was talking to my dad last night and guess when my family is going to celebrate my birthday? since my birthday is January 8th, my family planned to celebrate it on december 24. it makes perfect sense when you think about it, like katie's wedding, everyone will be there, i'm leaving three days before my birthday and stuff like that. but still isn't that funny. december 24, like two weeks before my real birthday. but i'm looking forward to it, because for one i'll be home , two it's on christmas eve so it's kinda like i get to feel the excitement that everyone else feels on christmas eve, and three i'll be with my WHOLE family (which is what i always want for my birthday). oh no! is east china inn open on christmas eve?? this i must find out. i am beyond craving east china inn and if they are not open on christmas eve...i just don't want to think about that sort of disappointment right now. I'M COMING HOME IN ELEVEN AND A HALF DAYS!!



We never change, do we?
We never learned to leave,
So I wanna live in a wooden house,
I wanna live life, always be true,
I wanna live life, and be good to you,
I wanna fly, and never come down,
And I live my life, and have friends around.

3 comments:

anya said...

oh yeah, the other good thing about my birthday being celebrated on christmas eve means that i can start looking for things for my birthday list! haha i'm such a dork.

Heather said...

Thanks to you and Riane for reminding me of the greatness of Strong Bad and Crew. Did you notice that 'whats her face' is lookin' a lot like me? Long, straight hair, T-shirt and comfy jeans... unwilling to jump into a lion's mouth!!! :) Heather

Anonymous said...

Dear stinker,

One of the article groups on my site is Home and Family ... while searching for details on thanksgiving, I came across i'm...hesitant. .

It is widely accepted that a lot of the best articles on the internet is created by individuals who blog ... good quality content without the bias and waffle often found elsewhere.

Judging by your blog content I believe you are interested in thanksgiving, and will therefore find our Home and Family category to be of interest. I am frequently looking for individuals to submit articles on their pet subjects and help me to build the directory to everyone's benefit. As a contributor, you get the recognition of having your article published and seen by thousands of web users. The pride and satisfaction of seeing your article published in a prestige directory is hard to beat.

Few of us are gifted with the ability to write to professional standards of grammatical correctness ... as a result, many bloggers don't bother to have their articles published.

I accept articles written in an informal style that matches your personality and fits in with your article content. I also welcome articles that are uniquely based on your personal knowledge, experiences and opinions. All I ask is that your articles do not contain vulgar language, incite hatred or generally offensive.

There are no costs involved ... please come over and have a look at my blog articles directory for yourself.

Kind Wishes
Emily