Wednesday, March 30, 2005

If I wanted to eat something that your thumb touched I would have had the inside of your ear!

Hemingway, South Carolina to Chicago, Illinois.

Let me tell you, that is one big shocker to my system. i'm talking seeing a new face during the day is no longer considered an event, buildings right next to each other (and not all the buildings are churches), and cars parked all the way down the road.

to get from batavia to evanston you have to drive along the lakeshore. there is something about the chicago skyline that makes me feel at home. there are two times when i saw the skyline, both from a plane that I will never forget. the first one i saw coming in from colorado. it was the first time i was traveling alone and it was the second plane trip ever in my life. i woke up the morning of my flight only to find out i had gotten food poisoning the night before. it was a miserable trip, but when the plane finally reached O'hare and i saw the chicago skyline i knew i was finally home. the second time was during spring break when my plane took off right at sunset when the whole sky was lit in bright orange and yellow and created a silhouette of chicago. i'm in love with a city that only being an hour's train trip away all my life, i've barely visited. i'm excited to finally get to know this city for real.

anyways, i'm at the allmarts (i've just realized that just putting the allmart's is much faster than always typing out suzanne, husayn, and amia). i'm sitting here hoping that i find a job in the area, because i'm pretty sure that after tomorrow when i walk around Evanston i will have become attached. and if-- i sure hope not, but still--IF there are no open jobs and i have to go back to batavia, you better believe i'll be up here every weekend...or so.

8 comments:

Katie B said...

Hey! Has someone (you) been watching the Bishop's favorite show (Arrested Development)? What'd you think? I wish I could watch it with you.

anya said...

"and do you know what you are doing for the wetland?"

"drying them."

you better believe it! i love that show, a new favorite! suzanne and i are watching it right now cracking up. oh man, i love this show.

and katie, i wish i could watch it with you too.

"ta-duh!"

anya said...

p.s. i'm dying for someone to ask me how my job hunt is going.

Heather said...

Hey Anya,

How's the job hunt going?

H

anya said...

(you're only going to get this if you have seen arrested development)

oh! it's going good.

or it will be good. It will be good!

Katie B said...

I'm glad to hear it's such a family favorite! At least, among the siblings.

Anonymous said...

Now you could find Classes for a multitude of subjects on your area , like could not find the main class program will exit and they could be found by visiting could not find the main class program will exit

Anonymous said...

Great blog! I also have a site about read waterskiing
. You can check it out at read waterskiing
.

Also, as a special bonus, I want to tell you about a great site that is giving away a FREE Sony DVD Handycam. Just click the link below and enter your Zipcode to qualify.

FREE Sony DVD Handycam