Saturday, March 12, 2005

it's March 12th, do you know how i'm getting home?

the orginal plan of operation: anyapickup.

-ma and pa come to pick me up on their spring break. straight here, straight back.

so i guess it is completely fair to say that before my family does something they like to think of ALL the options. the recent revised plans for operation: anyapickup. are as follows (in order of developement)...

-ma, pa, suzanne, and amia come to pick me up (only problem sweet baby girl ain't no fan of her car seat)

-liza and brent borrow ma and pa's car to swing by to pick me up on their way back from virginia (that is IF they go to viginia)

-ma, pa, sara, dan, matt, suz, and amia borrow big vehicle and all come to pick me up (same problem as before; baby girl don't. like. her. car. seat. and when she finds out that she had to be in her carseat for that long because of me, well she might never forgive me)

-ma and sara come to pick me up (that way pa doesn't have to take off work he didn't think he had)

-the luxion family comes out here for their spring break to pick me up

-liza and brent swing by raleigh, nc on the 21st to pick me up (IF they go to virginia)

-a big mix of the luxions, mitchells, and allmarts come to pick me up (IF negotiations go well on saturday evening)

and here is one that i'm just throwing out there:

-the big mix of luxions, mitchells, allmarts and...merkles (!!) all for their spring breaks swing by kansas (fighting off the mountain lions and shoulder tapping kindergardners), pick up the bishops, swing by virginia, pick up liza and brent (if they are in virginia), drive down to south carolina (put your hands up!), finally pick up me AND my tons o' stuff, drive back to chicago area (swing by and pick up liza and brent in urbana IF they didn't go to virginia), go the the mitchell house, have one big extravaganza (party mitchell-style, you know how we do it), and eat el taco grande (since my parent's refuse to fedEx me one. i love you, too mom and dad. i love you too.) for dinner.

hmm, sounds good to me.

so i guess what i'm saying is...there are many ways of me getting home. you guys talk about it, figure it out, and let be know. whatever way works, because heck! (some way, some how) this month i'm coming home!

yeahh baby!

-----

I'm sittin' in the railway station
Got a ticket for my destination
On a tour of one night stands
My suitcase and guitar in hand
And every stop is neatly planned
For a poet and a one man band

Homeward bound
I wish i was
Homeward bound
Home, where my thought's escaping
Home, where my music's playing
Home, where my love lies waiting
Silently for me

Everyday's an endless stream
Of cigarettes and magazines
And each town looks the same to me
The movies and the factories
And every stranger's face i see
Reminds me that i long to be

Homeward bound
wish i was
Homeward bound
Home, where my thought's escaping
Home, where my music's playing
Home, where my love lies waiting
Silently for me

Tonight i'll sing my songs again
I'll play the game and pretend
But all my words come back to me
In shades of mediocrity
Like emptyness in harmony
I need someone to comfort me

Homeward bound
I wish i was
Homeward bound
Home, where my thought's escaping
Home, where my music's playing
Home, where my love lies waiting
Silently for me
Silently for me
Silently for me

2 comments:

Heather said...

I'm definitely voting for that last option.

That. would. be. phenomenal.

anya said...

update: liza and brent will not be going to virginia.

two possiblities eliminated.